Third Graders learned about Ancient Greek Pottery and the Olympics!
I wanted my third graders to work on drawing full bodies. I feel like so often I have students still trying to get away with drawing stick figures! NOT acceptable...unless the project calls for it!
1. First 3rd graders used a circle tracer to make a circle on an orange piece of paper
2. They drew themselves with pencil playing any sport of their choice.
3. Using a thin and ultra fine sharpie they traced their bodies and filled in some areas black.
4. Students cut out circle and glued down in the middle of a cardboard circle. (These were left from the previous teacher, but I know she ordered them through a catalog...just not sure which one).
5. Using peach, tan, light brown, brown and black, students created radial designs. I stressed to them to use lightest to darkest colors.
Here are our red figured Olympic plates!