Wednesday, May 2, 2012

4th Grade Monet Lily Ponds


I love Claude Monet.  I love teaching students about him and his art work.  I came up with the idea to paint a Monet lily pond from an inspiring post from Painted Paper.  


First my 4th grade students painted blue apple trays in Monet style using a variety of blue tempera paints, violet, green, white, pearl it and texture it paint mediums.  


I told them to make sure to paint the whole tray, even the sides!



Students then made lily pads with green painted paper, and flowers with tissue paper.  We talked a lot about balance when adding lily pads and flowers to their trays.



These projects were displayed in two different ways for our art show.  Some were hung in the hallway with 3rd graders Monet bridges and some were set on tables displayed with third grade clay fish and 3rd grade paper frogs.  Checkout my flickr account to see more photo's from this school year and our art show!

10 comments:

  1. You are FANTASTIC! I am so excited that I found you :) These ponds are delightful.

    Kelley "Your Newest Stalker" Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelley!
      Thank you tons! Glad you found me too! :)
      Jen

      Delete
  2. YAY! I knew saving all those apple crates would come in handy some day!
    May I post this in my blog with a reference to your site?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love egg crates and Monet, and yours really turned out beautiful! I also use the egg crates for dispensing paint. You can cut them right on your paper cutter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this project! It is absolutely adorable. Thank you for sharing this with all of us. This is fantastic!

    Please Visit my website : What is a PhD by Publication?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and your students did the great event. I'm totally satisfied with all beautiful paintings. They are really amazing.

    My Blog | online tefl courses

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for nice information See this keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great platform that for such nice information website keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete